NONE

NONE

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

News

Well, still pumping away and things are going really well. The past week has been pretty good, there have been a few surprising numbers (as always) but I am really getting the hang of it! Jamie and I were planning on going to the waterslides last weekend so I tried sticking my infusion set in my butt cheek so it could be hidden by my bathing suit.... We ended up not going, but the infusion set worked pretty well over the weekend. On Monday it ended up getting caught on the inside of my work pants and almost pulled out, but it's not bad for bumming around at home! Didn't feel the needle at ALL, I guess a little extra padding helps!

What else is new...? Well, I had a consultation for laser eye surgery this morning and I am officially booked in to get it! It will be amazing to not have to wear contacts every day! I was a little bit worried because my prescription has changed SLIGHTLY over the past few years, but they said I'm a great candidate and that my eyes should be all done changing now. The only thing that sucks is that I have to wear glasses for 2 weeks prior to the surgery so that my eyes aren't misshapen at all. Small price to pay in the long run though! I'm nervous about being a 4 eyes though, I'm shy about wearing my glasses in public! I'm going to have to wear them to my management summit at the end of the month too, so fun. I'm half considering dropping an extra $80 and just buying a new pair of glasses that I actually like, I feel like mine are just so nerdy!

Of course, with the laser eye surgery comes a pushback on the baby making plans. Apparently you can't be pregnant during the surgery (something to do with the eye drops..?) so we're not going to have a May due date! We could potentially try in October, but I'll be fertile and likely possibly conceiving about 5 days before the surgery and because I'll be taking the drops for about 4 weeks, I don't think it's a great idea to risk it. That's okay though, we have all the time in the world to make a baby, and time will go by fast. I was not looking forward to never seeing my baby during all those middle of the night feedings too, because I'm not putting in contacts for that! :)

Other than that... Life is going great! I'm excited to keep seeing the improvements in my blood, and I'm going to stay on top of it as much as possible. I like writing down everything because it makes it so much easier to detect trends. Very exciting stuff!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment