NONE

NONE

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Still impatient!

So it's Wednesday and I'm still not pumping! I'm trying hard to be patient, but it's tough... I'm getting towards the end of my novo-rapid, and I hope I don't have to stock up again before my pump comes. I was really looking forward to being hooked up before my triathalon this weekend, but I don't think that's going to happen :( Oh well, I'll have a long time with it soon, I can wait a couple more days.

Standard life apparently takes their sweet time to approve the insurance stuff, so I'm thinking we'll just buy the pump now (because it's on a reimbursment basis anyways) and deal with the insurance stuff as it comes. I can't see any reason why they wouldn't cover it, I have the letter of medical neccesity and all that fun stuff. Only thing I can see holding me back is that I already have a decent a1c. If they deny me based off of that, I will LOSE IT!!!

I've tried to stop doing shots in my stomach, because it will be getting a beating until they fix my pancreas. Which means it'll be a long time. I'm nervous, but hope it all goes well. I'm even getting mildly excited for the one touch meter. I can still use my old freestyle when I don't want to carry the big one, but I think I'll primarily use the one touch.

Anyways, enough for now. Hopefully I'll get the new pump (and all my free supplies) ordered tomorrow and off to me EARLY next week!!! Fingers crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment