NONE

NONE

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I hate the second half of my cycle!

Every month, without fail, my blood gets difficult in the second half of my cycle. It's just... hard to control really. Today for example, I woke up in the 5's, perfect. I had my breakfast/ lunch (late) and checked 2 hours later and was a perfect 6.0, wonderful.... This was at 1:30 and when I checked again at 2:45 because I felt low, I had dropped to 1.7! I figured my meter was just screwing with me and checked again to get a good ol' 1.6, even better! I felt okay and a juicebox later I knew it would be on its way up, but I felt pretty crappy for the next few hours, just almost foggy.

So things stayed fairly stable after that, although I went to 8.1 after dinner, when I normally am about 6 after that kind of meal... Corrected that, and when I got home at 9:15 I was down to 2.4 (are we catching a trend here...?) I corrected that, ate some snacks, bolused accordingly and 2 hours later went up to 10... Corrected that (a whole .20 units, apparently I had iob) and now an hour later I'm at 11. I know it's not major fluctuations, but I just hate the lack of control. I am doing everything RIGHT, why is my body not listening to me? Every month it is so annoying until my period comes and then it acts like an angel for the next 2-2.5 weeks.

I guess the hormone fluctuations are good practice for pregnancy, I'm sure I will have a few frustrating days once I am at that point! And by a few, I mean a lot.

Bring it on!

PS - getting hooked up to my basal tomorrow, can't wait! I will officially be a true pumper again. I am in much less of a downer mood today, now my blood just needs to get along with me. Maybe I will be friends with an inflated temp basal soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment