NONE

NONE

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

23 +6!

I am almost 24 weeks! It's amazing to think that those two little aliens in my belly are actually little human beings, and they're more than halfway done their cooking process! Can't wait to meet the little guys!

Diabetes has been okay actually! There are still some insulin resistance issues, but overall it's been relatively manageable! I miss taking between 35-45 units per day, not the 70+ units I'm currently on. And I know it's only going to continue to get worse. I'm having to refill my pump in between site changes, because it is not lasting the 3 days it used to. Numberwise, things have been decent! I'm still testing between 12-14 times a day, and I am trying to wake up at least once in the middle of the night to make sure my numbers aren't creeping up higher than I'd like them to be at. Infusion set wise - that's starting to get difficult!! I can't use the front of my stomach anymore - it's too hard, so I actually am just too scared to try using it. I've been using mostly my 'love handle' area, which seems to work out okay, but I don't want to wear out the area. I tried a thigh site, but ripped it out going pee about 3 hours after putting it in! I'm thinking the thigh sites will be more doable in a month or so when I'm wearing mostly loose dresses, and not tight jeans. It's hard to remember to LIFT underwear away though when going to the bathroom - joys of the 'beets I guess.

Babies seem to be doing great! I had a growth scan on the 11th and they were 1.1 and 1.2 lbs, which works out to about a 8% difference between them, which is awesome. Baby A was over on my left side, sitting on my bladder. Baby B was spread out sideways right below my ribs, head to the right. Granted, they move all the time. I had an appt with the MFM a week ago and they had their heads together towards the upper left area of my stomach, feet towards my right hip. It seems like they really like to be head to head in there - best buddies!! I'm just so relieved that everything is going okay so far. They are sharing the fluids really well, and no one is getting over or underfed. It's amazing to think that they are pretty much at the point of viability now, and every day they are in there - they are growing stronger and stronger! They are moving a LOT, and it's pretty awesome. They can be a little shy when it comes to other people feeling, but they love to kick Jamie if he rests his leg on my belly, just not his hand. Stubborn little guys!

Okay, survey time!


How far along? 23 weeks, 6 days
Total weight gain: Up almost 10 lbs from pre-pregnant weight now! And gaining steadily... eep!
Maternity Clothes? For sure! I'm still wearing my low-cut underarmour sweatpants, but for shirts, I need to wear maternity. Although I stole a T-shirt from my Dad (one of his car-show ones) and that seems to be big enough for now. Jamie won't let me wear his tee's, he doesn't want me to stretch them out! haha.
Stretch Marks? Still none, but I feel like they'll be popping up any day now... Hoping and hoping that they stay away!! I have a little red mark by my bellybutton, but I don't know if it's scarring from my bellybutton ring - or the beginning of the end.
Sleep: Pretty good. I bought a body pillow and am finding that it is great to keep me on my left side SLEEPING until I wake up around 5AM to pee. At that point, I seem to roll over to my right side, but it's been a good stretch for a couple days!
Miss anything?  I could go for a brewskie with this gorgeous spring weather! Other than that, not having back pain, and a BURNING horrible pain in my ribs. I saw a chiro and he said that the babies are officially pushing my ribs up and out, ouch!
Movement:  Constantly. These little guys move sooo much, and I love it! Tons of movement from the outside too, it's so neat!
Food cravings: I love food! Craving this week - Pizza from Costco, which I haven't had. My neighbour came home from Costco with Hot Dogs the other day and since then I have wanted Costco pizza SO bad. I'll get it one of these days!
Anything making you queasy or sick? I felt a little pukey on Saturday night, but I think I was just a little dehydrated. I had a big glass of water and felt better afterwards.
Gender: Boys, boys, boys! And they were not shy about showing off their parts at my last ultrasound! haha.
Best moment this week: Hmmm, in the past week, probably the increased movement. They actually kicked a bottle of nail polish over while it was on my stomach, I'll post the video :)
Labour signs: Nothing major. My cervix is shortening a tad (at least it was at my last ultrasound) but the Dr doesn't seem too concerned about it quite yet. I get pretty crampy on walks though. I took a 15 minute walk to the bank today and my tummy got pretty hard afterwards.
Symptoms: I have to log-roll off of the couch now... Does that count?
Bellybutton in or out? Pretty flat... Although if the babies are underneath it, it will start to poke out a bit.
Wedding rings on or off? Still on! No swelling yet.
Happy or moody most of the time?  Happy! When I'm moody, it's usually me just acting like a dumbass cause it's entertaining. I'm in pretty high spirits though.
Looking forward to: My next Dr's appt to make sure everything is fine and dandy!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment