NONE

NONE

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Change of plans, for now!

Whew - don't blog for a couple months and the website completely changes!

Anyways, plans have changed. Jamie and I kinda 'tried' for January and February, and a few weeks ago I actually booked a trip to Africa to climb Mount Kilimanjaro to raise money for diabetes research with JDRF. This is my fourth trek with this group, and I am so excited to take on this challenge. This of course does mean that babies are pushed on the back burner once again, but I'm okay with that. I briefly googled if it's safe to be at a high altitude when pregnant, and it doesn't seem like it! I'll be back in late June, and then Jamie and I are looking at potentially booking another Vegas trip for our two year wedding anniversary in July, so who knows. I'm at a point where it'll happen when it happens. I'm in a good place, my blood is behaving (although I am very overdue for my 6 month blood tests!) and life is pretty good.

I'm looking forward to getting into shape for Kili, and hopefully carrying that through into the summer! Anyways, that's about all that's new for me lately, I'm going to try to update this more in the future, and I'm considering renaming the blog, but we'll see.

If you're reading this, please check out my donor drive page with JDRF. It has all of the information on the past treks and why I am doing this. My Mom is actually joining the team this time and helping to try and raise funds again this year. This is such a great cause. I was 17 when the first trek was completed; and to have close to 10 diabetic teens reach the top of Mount Kilimanjaro was unheard of. Now the existing and new members of the team are all a little more grown up, but we are still sharing our journey.

My donordrive page with JDRF can be found here. Please read it and donate if you can. Any money raised goes DIRECTLY TO THE CAUSE. None of the donations pay for the trip, it is all paid for completely by the people going on the trip.

Thanks, and until next time.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment