NONE

NONE

Saturday, July 23, 2011

One thing that annoys me

Okay, this is a quick post, but it needs to be done! I am so annoyed of commercials that advertise diabetes care, when it is all about type 2 diabetes! People just don't understand the difference between T1D and T2D!! I wish I could just drink a glycerna (or whatever it's called) shake for breakfast and that would level off my diabetes perfectly. I wish I could just 'eat better' and my diabetes would go away. It's just not that easy! I am stuck with this for life, just as every other type one diabetic like me. I almost wish Type 2 had a different name, because they are very different conditions! I am not diabetic because I ate too much sugar, or because I didn't get enough exercise! I did nothing wrong to get this, and a magic drink in the morning will not take it away.

Anyways, I just had to get that out. I don't mind being diabetic, I just hate that we get lumped in with Type 2's so often. It's so different, people just don't understand.

Silly.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! You don't know me but I had to comment on this..

    You ever notice how the commercials never show young people either? It is always about the diabetics over 60! It gets annoying because when people actually do hear about T1, they are dumbfounded!

    -Diabetic myself for 4 years now.. Check out my blog or find me on facebook if you wanna chat!

    ReplyDelete