NONE

NONE

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

First post!

Hi! Well, this is my first post on my new blog, which I'll use to talk about my diabetes and how it is affecting my pregnancy. First step of course is to get pregnant, and we're working on that one! I will be getting an Animas insulin pump hopefully within the next 2 weeks and I can't wait! I have loved my shots and they have worked very well for me for over 5 years now, but it's time to switch it up. Adding a baby to my body will mess everything up, and the pump will enable me to adjust things on the fly easily. Lantus is great, but the dose lasts 24 hours (ideally) and with my normal day to day changes it can be hard to keep up. Once I'm brewing a baby, it will be even harder, so I want to make sure I'm doing what's easiest and what will be the best for my long term care and the health of my soon to be fetus.

I think I'll start by doing a big post of how I've been doing things up to this time, and go from there... But it's dinner time, so that will have to wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment