NONE

NONE

Friday, September 6, 2013

Whistler trip

You can't travel light with twins and 2 dogs!!
We took a trip up to Whistler, BC with my parents last weekend and it went really well! The babies were angels on the drive up and we didn't hear from them once for the 2.5 hour trip. We got up there and our room wasn't ready quite yet, so I fed the boys in the pool changing room and they were happy campers. Went for a quick stroll and the room was ready by then! We didn't really get up to anything all that interesting on our trip (can't do too much with infant twins!!) but it was really nice weather so we spent some time strolling in the village. I brought pumped milk, and Jamie and I were going out to the Keg for our first little 'date' while my parents watched the babies. I stuffed them before leaving and they were sound asleep. I had one drink at dinner (drinking isn't fun like it used to be!!) and we came back after 1 hour. As soon as we stepped out of the elevator we could hear the babies (sorry to everyone else staying on the 5th floor of the Hilton, haha) and it turns out they had woken up while we were gone and were quite unhappy that Mommy wasn't there to soothe them. My parents handled it pretty well, and gave them some milk to tide them over. Of course I couldn't nurse them for a few hours, so we all loaded up and went for another walk around the village which calmed them down for a while. They had the rest of the pumped milk afterwards and they were still pretty fussy until I could nurse them again a couple of hours later.

Overnight went great - the babies went down without much of a fight, and slept for pretty long stretches, waking up for feeds and then going back to sleep. I brought them in bed with me around 5:45 AM and we slept in until 8'ish which is nice! Went to breakfast, packed up the room, went for a walk and had some lunch before driving home. The drive home was pretty uneventful, a little bit fussy at times, but nothing too too crazy. Overall our first trip was a huge success and I'm looking forward to the next one! Proud of my boys, and thankful to my parents for taking us up to Whistler, it was nice to get away from the house for a little while!

Grampy and Nana happy about babysitting

Family photo!

Scott and Adam in the comfy bed

All of us together!

No comments:

Post a Comment