NONE

NONE

Friday, August 23, 2013

2 months old!

Wow... My boys are already two months old! It seems like just yesterday I was in the hospital, deliriously tired and rushing everyone because I wanted the babies born on the 23rd, because all of the numbers equaled up to 17. We were waiting on the OR getting cleaned and I think I offered to clean it myself!  It's 10:30 now, and Jamie and I were both getting all suited up, he looked pretty handsome in his doctor outfit. Although once he put on the hairnet thingy, he just looked 'like a Dad'. The past two months have been way different than I was expecting. I think I always knew that there was likely going to be some NICU time, but to me I expected it to be a couple days, not almost a whole month. I didn't expect it to be as hard (at first) as it was either. I didn't expect IV's, and heart rate drops, and I sure didn't expect both boys to come down with very serious blood infections in their first week of life. They exceeded everyone's' expectations and overcame their early start to life. Adam and Scott came home at exactly 36 weeks gestation on July 18th, the day after their Mommy & Daddy's anniversary!

They have changed our lives in such an amazing way. Yes, we now go to bed at 9PM with the babies, and our quarterly Vegas trips are just a distant memory... as is sleeping more than 2-3 hours at a time! We no longer go for dinner out to the Keg a couple times a month, and we scour the internet for which stores have the best deals on diapers and  wipes (Superstore had an amazing sale last week!!!). Don't even get me started on the fact that this is a summer completely without Palm Bays! Our living room is overflowing with playpens, bouncers, swings and tummy time mats. I wouldn't change it for anything. Even though our boys have moments where I want to put them back in my tummy (where they didn't make any NOISE) we are so lucky to have them in our lives. Every day that they grow bigger and cuter I love them more and more. They can do so many things. Hold up their heads for a long period of time, suck on their fists, or even sometimes get it right and actually get just a thumb in there. They love to flail their little arms around and try to smile, even though they haven't quite figured it out yet. They love going for long walks in their stroller, and listening to loud music in the car. They hate diaper changes, and cry every time. They have the cutest little burp faces, and they rival their Dad in the gas department. They are both 'boob sharks' and nurse like champs, gaining weight like crazy. I couldn't be more proud of them, and I can't wait for every milestone that's still to come. I am the luckiest Mommy in the world, and the luckiest wife to have Jamie here with me through it all. Happy two months to my sons, Adam & Scott!

Adam Peter Arsenault
Birth weight: 3 lbs, 15 oz
2 month weight: 7 lbs, 6 oz

Scott John Arsenault
Birth weight: 3 lbs, 9 oz
2 month weight: 6 lbs, 12 oz


No comments:

Post a Comment